Instructions for Registration
Minimum Educational Qualification & Proof of Scouts & Guides Achievements
- Copies of self-attested certificates as per para of notification 5.0 of Scouting/Guiding Qualification of Scouts & Guides a President Scouts/Guides/ Rover/Ranger or Himalayan Wood Badge (HWB) holder in any section, should have been and active member of Scouts Organization for the last five year. The “certificate of activeness” should be as per Annexure-VIII, should have attended two events at National level or All India Railways level and two events at State level.
- Copies of self-attested certificates of any other Scouts & Guides event attended/participated (such as National/All India Railway level events, State level events, specialised courses and District Rallies), if any.
- In order to register online for the Scouts & Guides Quota (Open Advt.) for Eastern Railway Examination 2023- 24, the candidate has to visit Notice Board of official website RRC/ER Kolkata
- Read the instructions carefully given herein before applying for online application.
Eligibility and Application Details
• Online Applications are invited from eligible candidates as per criteria given in the notification for filling up the vacancies against Scouts & Guides Quota of Eastern Railway, CLW & Metro Railway for the year 2023-24 for Five (05) posts in Group 'C'/ Level-2 and Ten posts (10) in Group ‘D’/ Level-1 category. The candidates having no Scouts & Guides Qualification need not apply.
The registration page opens up wherein, the candidate has to fill in the online application form.
Candidates are hereby informed that all the certificates and documents pertaining to their eligibility for Scouts & Guides Quota should be obtained on or before the closing date of submission of online application then only their candidature for the Scouts & Guides Quota will be considered.
No Provisional Certificates either for educational and/or of Scouts & Guides qualification will be accepted as a proof of minimum educational qualification and of Scouts & Guides qualification.
The candidate who are applying for both Pay Level-I & Pay Level-II (7th CPC) may opt for “Both”. And the candidates who are applying for a particular Pay Level may either choose between “Level 1” or “Level-2”.
Step 1: Basic Information
Fields indicated by * are mandatory.
Candidate has to fill- in the following basic information.
- Post Category
- Candidate's Name
- Name of Father/Mother
- Date of Birth
- Aadhar Number
- Candidate should enter a valid E-Mail ID and confirm the same.
- Candidate should enter a valid Mobile Number.
- Education details - 10th/12th/Degree/Diploma/ITI/Act Apprenticeship (any degree from a recognized University).
- Address for Communication: Candidate should enter his/her address as per the specification given therein.
- Read the declaration and click SUBMIT.
- Save the information you have entered.
Step 2: Confirmation
- A confirmation screen with all the data filled by the candidate will be displayed.
- Candidates are advised to verify the details given therein, especially those fields highlighted in Blue Colour. Once registered, these fields CANNOT be modified.
Step 3: Acknowledgement
On submission, an Email will be sent to the candidate's registered email id and an acknowledgement will be displayed. The acknowledgement will contain a unique registration number. Candidates are advised to note the registration number, as it is essential for further processing and future logins.
Step 4: Document Upload
Upload clear/legible Photograph, Signature, and relevant Documents. All the candidates are required to upload their scanned recent color passport size photograph, signature, and relevant documents.
The maximum file size of the photograph is 20 to 50 kb and signature is 10 to 40 kb in .jpg/.jpeg format only.
The maximum file size of all other relevant Documents should be between 100 kb to 2 MB in pdf format only. You may upload multi-page pdf files wherever necessary.
The online application system will not allow uploading files larger than the above-mentioned sizes.
Once the photograph, signature, and relevant document files are uploaded successfully, the system will display the uploaded Photograph and Signature.
Step 5: Payment
A summary is displayed along with the total amount payable. Click on the "Make Payment" link to be redirected to the payment gateway website.
Application Fee Payment
Application fee as stated below is to be paid through the online system only by Credit Card/Debit Card (RuPay/Visa/MasterCard/Maestro), Internet Banking for which service charges shall be applicable in addition to the application fee.
No other mode of payment shall be permitted.
For UR/OBC/EWS (Male) Category Candidates: ₹500/- + Service Charges
For SC/ST/PWD/EBC/EX-Serviceman/Minorities/Female: ₹250/+ Service Charges
On payment of the Application Fee, the same will reflect in your application profile.
You may take a print of your filled-in Application form generated for your records and future reference.